Pages

Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Tobe Hooper

I won't bore you with a million paragraph essay on why Tobe Hooper was or is one of the best but I do want to talk it out. So first and foremost there was a time in my life when I loved horror movies probably just as much as I do now. Although at that time I didn't have the knowledge and the experience that I do now. That means being a young one and popping in that beat up VHS rental from what I remember was Movies Unlimited back about a million years ago of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre my life was forever changed. Not only was I intrigued but also scared, confused and oh very very happy. This masterpiece changed my life in a way that I could never thank Mr. Hooper enough for. This film is part of the reason that I started recording music and delving deeper into horror and horror related media. Not only did he change this kids life but he also changed the entire horror genre and film going forward. The guerilla style film making and the gritty dirty feel make you uneasy but you can't turn away from how beautifully shot this film is. So in this I would like to say thank you to Tobe Hooper because without you I would not have experienced this side of my brain that could have stayed untapped, the confused and creative side that always keeps even myself guessing. R.I.P. Mr. Hooper you are a legend and your art will live on to keep your energy alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment